Respironics CoughAssist Mechanical Insufflator-Exsufflator CA-3000 – CoughAssist is a noninvasive therapy that safely and consistently removes secretions in patients with an ineffective ability to cough (peak cough flow <270 l/m). CoughAssist clears secretions by gradually applying a positive pressure to the airway, then rapidly shifting to negative pressure. The rapid shift in pressure produces a high expiratory flow, simulating a natural cough.
- Removes secretions from the lungs
- Reduces the occurrence of respiratory infections
- Safe, noninvasive alternative to suctioning
- Easy for patients and caregivers to operate
- Can be used with a face mask, mouthpiece or with an adapter to a patient’s endotracheal or tracheostomy tube
- Approved for home use in adults and children
- Available in automatic and manual models